Tuesday, June 2, 2015
You've Got Mail
So I've been spending some time recently focusing on my own business, work challenges and goals. I definitely need to do more of this but frankly it feels like there are barely enough hours in the day to tend to all my client work, and I always put that first.
As I evaluate the heart of what I like to do and what I do most of, I'm realizing that it's very much the same type of work I was doing for $3.12/hour in college at my part time job and even similar to what I did for free in high school... creating newsletters.
Now at good old Hinsdale Central HS, we called our bi-weekly masterpiece a "newsmagazine" and these days what I do is called email marketing, but labeling aside, the work I enjoy most is creating a blend of news, human interest and interesting information... designed to make the reader pause and ponder.
I attempted just to do just that in my own newsletter this week... here's a link to it. Enjoy!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment